9 Craft Beers To Drink With Gourmet Pizza
After considering which wines go well with pizza in our Wine & Italian Pizza Pairing Guides Infographic, today we look at interesting matches with delicious Australian craft beers in our latest guest post.
This guest post was written on Social Vignerons by Jessie Evangelista of Reload Media for Pizza Capers:
“For a little diversity, try out a Craft Beer and Pizza Tasting Night with your friends!
Craft Beer can be a smashing drink if you want a more laid back kind of hang out. Pair up this well-loved, full flavoured brew with sumptuous pizza selections and you’re in for a fun night.
Check out what Pizza Capers came up with. It’s an infographic called The Top 9 Craft Beers to Drink with Gourmet Pizza.
Now it may be tempting to gobble up all the slices at once and wash them down with gulps of any beer within reach. Pace yourself so you’ll enjoy more. The trick is to have a mouthful of each slice, relish the pizza’s flavours and take a few sips of its combo drink (see the infographic).
To make each combination even more enjoyable why not have a Beer and Pizza Personality game? Here’s how it goes:
- Write each person’s name on a Post-it and fold the notes.
- Gather all the folded Post-its for everyone to draw lots.
- Each friend should guess the combo favourite of whomever he or she picked.
- The group can already sample out each sumptuous and buzzing combination.
- While all the tasting is done, everyone can already guess what his or her friend’s favourite would be.
- Enjoy and relish the company of your mates!
- As the Craft Beer and Pizza Tasting Night nears to a cap-off, it’s time to reveal each person’s guesses. Everyone may be pleasantly excited and surprised to see what they find.
- If a person correctly guessed a friend’s favourite, he or she can get a small prize. Can be a sing-song session from everyone, or mini-pizza and beer key chains. These are up to you.
So start ordering, stock up on craft beers and mingle.”
The Infographic’s Pizza and Australian craft beer combinations are:
- Tuscan Pesto Chicken & Bacon – Moondog Brewing‘s Jukebox Indian Pale Ale
- The Prawn Pizza – La Sirene‘s Saison
- New Mexico Pizza – Himmel Hund Brewing‘s Witbier
- Margherita – The Australian Brewery‘s Pacific Pale Ale
- BBQ Bananza – Stout By 4 Pines Brewing Company
- BBQ Chicken & Mushroom – Ekim Brewing Co‘s Berserker
- Vegetarian with BBQ Sauce – Mornington Peninsula Brewery‘s Ipa
- Supremo – Six String Brewing Co‘s Dark Red Ipa
- Troppo aka Hawaiian – Ekim Brewing Co‘s After Battle Pale Ale
For another Pizza & Beverage Infographic, see our Wine & Italian Pizza Pairing Guides.