Vivino Wine Knowledge #1: Northern Vs Southern Wines
For this first contribution to Vivino’s editorial content, back in November 2015, I asked wine experts from around the world to give us their views over the wines from the Southern and the Northern Hemispheres.
Together, we explored the globe trying to find out what characterises and disinguishes the wines from both hemispheres.
- Do you think the cooler climate of the Southern hemisphere has a general impact on the wines?
- What are the pros and cons of harvesting earlier in the year in the Southern hemisphere?
- Have you noted any distinct flavor profile between Southern and Northern Hemisphere wines?
- Has Sauvignon Blanc become a grape variety of the South?
Are some of the questions we asked our guests.
Our guest wine experts panel included:
- Tim Atkin MW
- John Brunton a.k.a. The Wine Tattoo
- Jamie Goode
- Charlie Arturaola
- Drew Lambert of The Wine Wankers
Their answers gave us a fascinating and expert insight into an aspect of the world of wine that has rarely been considered.
Find the full article on Vivino: Northern vs. Southern Hemisphere Wines