Vivino Wine Knowledge #2: 7 Wonders in the World of Wine
The world of wine is full of wonders.
Through Social Vignerons and my rather-popular social media channels, I am clearly an advocate of revealing how beautiful, often stunning and enjoyable vines and vineyards can be.
To share this passion with the Vivino app users that are unlucky enough not to follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, I wrote in November 2015 a successful piece about what would be for me the 7 most amazing wonders in our world.
This worldwide exploration took us to:
- The Canary Islands of Spain where vines grow in human-made craters in arid volcanic soil
- Germany where the oldest bottle of wine that is actually still filled with our favorite beverage was found
- A stunning middle-age estate in Tuscany (Barone Ricasoli)
- Slovenia where the oldest vine in the world thrives
- Moldova, to surprisingly find the largest underground wine cellar
- Rioja in Spain where Marques de Riscal winery offers a unique modern architecture
- An to Germany again on the steepest slope vineyards by the Mosel River
I haven’t had a chance to see with my eyes these 7 wonders yet.
But since writing this piece, they’re definitely high-up on my bucket list of a wine lover!!
I’m sure they will be on yours soon also…
Read the full article on Vivino: The Seven Wine Wonders of the World