A Decadent Wine Cheesecake Recipe That’ll Leave Your Mouth Watering
The yummy creamy taste of the cheesecakes can make anyone craving.
If you are looking for a delicious cheesecake recipe to cook during your vacation, try this mouth-watering, decadent wine blueberry cheesecake recipe.
The combination of the red wine and the blueberry sauce with crunchy cheesecake crust will make your taste buds dazzling.
What You’ll Need:
For the crust:
1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 teaspoons sugar
1 stick butter, preferably unsalted
A pinch of salt
For the filling:
2 pounds softened cream cheese
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup red wine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup dried blueberries or frozen fruits (optional)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Toppings: Blueberry sauce
1 cup port wine
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pint blueberries
- Paying attention to temperature while baking cakes is crucial. And baking a cake in a cold oven can lead to the uneven cooking of the contents. So, preheat the oven to 325°
- Process the graham cracker crumbs, almonds, cinnamon, and sugar in a blender.
- Melt the butter stick in a saucepan and mix with the ingredients processed in the blender. Blend until the ingredients combine thoroughly.
- Baking the crust before adding the filling, makes the crust more crispy and crunchy. So, pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake it for approximately 15- 20 minutes, until the crust turns golden brown. But, be careful, not to burn the crust. Apply a non-stick spray on the bottom and sides of the baking dish before adding the crust. It helps in removing the crust easily after cooking.
- Let the crust to cool down, so as not to lose its crunchiness. Meanwhile, you can prepare the filling.
- The cream is the most important ingredient in the preparation of a cake batter. So make sure to soften the cream cheese by taking it out at the room temperature before using it. Mix the soften cream cheese and granulated sugar by blending in a mixture at a medium speed.
- Add 6 large eggs to the mixture and whip carefully. If eggs are beaten properly, they give the satin silky texture to the pattern but if they are handled improperly that texture can vanish. So whip, whip, and whip until the mixture becomes satin smooth. You can add one egg at a time and continue to beat the mixture slowly.
- Slowly add the red wine and the vanilla extract. Make sure that the mixture is smooth and lump-free, to have that delicious and super creamy texture in your cake.
- If you like, add dried blueberries or frozen fruits in the filling. You can use a blender for frozen fruits to mix into the prepared filling.
- Pour the filling onto the cooled crust and bake it for about 20-30 minutes.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool at the room temperature.
- Use blueberry sauce as toppings.
- Take 3/4 cups of port wine in a saucepan and heat.
- Add sugar and let the mixture to a simmer.
- In the meantime, mix the remaining port wine, vanilla extract, and cornstarch.
- Add this mix to the saucepan and let it to simmer for 2 more minutes. Then add half of the blueberries to it.
- Heat until the berries burst.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the remaining berries/fruits to the mix.
- Allow the sauce to cool down at room temperature.
Add the sauce with fruits onto the cheesecake.
- Let the cake cool down at room temperature. Then, slice it into pieces and serve. You can serve this to 8 persons.
- To make nice slices without losing that melt-in-mouth texture of the cheesecake, use a thin and long knife. Before cutting, dip the knife in warm water and dry with a towel.
- This decadent wine blueberry cheesecake gives the best taste if you refrigerate it for at least 2-3 hours. It will help the cake to settle properly so that you could enjoy all the flavors better.
- Decrease the temperature gradually by first cooling the cake to the room temperature and then shifting it to the refrigerator.
- Sudden temperature changes can make your cake crack. Make sure to remove the cake from the refrigerator at least 10 minutes before serving.
- You can add additional sauce if you prefer.
Find more delicious cooking recipes and wine pairing tips in our Booze & Food section.