Azienda Agricola Corvezzo is a producer of sparkling, Prosecco, red and white still wines in the Veneto region in Northern Italy.
Corvezzo Wine is situated in the in the town of Cessalto, not far from Venice.
The land around Cessalto is famous for its fertility since the Roman age. It has an important artistic heritage like the sumptuous Venetian Villas and stunning rural landscapes.
Appellations in the area include Prosecco Treviso DOC, Piave DOC, Venezia DOC, and Delle Venezie IGT.
In the early 1900s, the ancestor Giuseppe Corvezzo worked passionately the land around Cessalto which was owned by the Venetian nobility.
In 1960, his son, Giovanni, founded the first winery in the current location.
In 1970, under Giuseppe and Renzo’s (Giovanni’s grandsons) guidance the winery continued to grow to a cultivated area of 140ha.
In the 90s, the winery kept on the growth path due to Renzo’s knowledge and ability.
Today, Renzo’s grandsons, Giovanni and Katia, have the honor to defend the long family tradition and keep the winery to an upper level through the organic way.
Typical Northern Italy climate. Cold and wet winter, sunny and hot summers. The winery is not far from the sea, and for this reason our vineyard is always dried by the wind; less humidity conditions means less grapes disease.
Clay, loam, limestone. There is a particular connection between the limestone and the Glera: limestone gives “terre di marca” prosecco that has a really refined scent.
Vineyards and grape varieties:
- Total surface area: 150 ha
|Grape variety||Surface (ha)||Age|
|Manzoni Rosso 2.15||1|
- Date of construction: the winery was founded in 1960, but the new company’s premises has been completed in 2008.
- Type of tanks/vats: stainless steel tanks, cement tanks, barriques, 50 hl oak vats
- Sustainable production: we have a photovoltaic plant that provides all the energy needed for the production.
- Planting density: Glera (3,000 plants/ha), others (4,000 plants/ha)
- Organic: at the moment, the 25% of the vineyard is organic, the rest is in organic conversion (by 2017 the 150ha vineyard will be fully organic converted)
- Owner: Giovanni Corvezzo
- Winemaker: Andrea Toffoli
Browse our views and reviews of Corvezzo wines using the grid below:
- Overall production volume: 20,000 hl
Azienda Corvezzo also produces a wide vairety range of wines:
- Sparkling: Prosecco wines of different colors and various cuvées: Bianco, Rosé, Frizzante, Spumante, Millesimato
- Whites: Pinot Grigio, Suavignon Blanc, Traminer, Manzoni Bianco
- Reds: Pinot Nero, Cabernet Sauvignon & Franc, Merlot, Malbec, Manzoni Rosso, Refosco dal Pedoncolo Rosso
- Specialty wines: a wine called ‘Passa’, late Hravest Sauvignon Blanc and a traditional method rosé (pictured above resting on lees)
Find their wines to buy online on Wine-Searcher.
This guest post was written by Corvezzo Wines exclusively for Social Vignerons.