This Guest Post was written by Eve Hunt of Wine Wisdom exclusively for Social Vignerons.
No party can ever wrap up without wine. No occasion gets complete without the wine. The feel, the aura, the food, the music, the enthusiasm, all goes bland, unless some wine is poured into the glasses. But, choosing the right wine for the right occasion is not an easy job. One has to consider a lot of factors like the menu, flavors, textures and aromas to go in a sink at your party.
Life is a party and in big cities like NYC, the party never ends. So, let’s take a look at the perfect pairs of wine with parties:
1 – Christmas: Christmas eve is really special. Friends and family, all together share light moments over delicious and classic Christmas delicacies. Turkey, ham or rosemary chicken, whatever your main course would be, there are wines to pair with that all.
The following selection of white and red wines will complement your Christmas feast to the best:
Suggested Wines To Serve on Christmas:
- Reds: Au Bon Climat Pinot Noir, Abbazia di Novacella Lagrein, Argyle Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
- Whites: KONO New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, Honig Sauvignon Blanc, Bollini Pinot Grigio
2 – Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving is often considered as the initiation of the Christmas season. It is the time to thank the Almighty for his blessings and gratitude towards us throughout the year. Traditions and celebrations go hand in hand during thanksgiving. The traditional menu can be enjoyed with the dear ones at best with a glass of wine.
Suggested Wines To Serve on Thanksgiving:
- Reds: Chateau le Bergey Bordeaux Rouge, Cupcake Merlot, Luc Pirlet Organic Merlot
- Whites: Arca Nova Vinho Verde, Cusmano Insolia, Layer Cake Shiraz Peter Lehmann
3 – Wedding: Wedding is undoubtedly the best day in one’s life. A new chapter of life begins with a path to be walked by both partners together. Now, that’s an excuse for a big party. As mentioned above, no party ends without wine! In the same way, no wedding is complete without raising the toast of bubbly champagne, rose wine or Bordeaux white wine. To make sure that your guests have the best sips of their life, take a look at our wedding wine selection:
Suggested Wines To Serve at Weddings:
- Reds: Apollonio Primitivo Terragnolo, Domaine Aurelien Verdet Nuits-Saint-Georges , Penfolds Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon, Angel’s Share Wines Two Hands Cabernet Sauvignon
- Whites: Domaine Matrot Meursault Blanc, Sonoma Cutrer “Les Pierres” Chardonnay, Groth Chardonnay
Now you know which wines to include in your parties and celebrations. So, bring it on and make your party memorable.