Società agricola Corvezzo is a 100% certified organic winery located in the Veneto region of Northern Italy.
The azienda Corvezzo produces Prosecco, as well as Pinot Grigio and other red and white still wines.
Corvezzo Winery is situated in the in the town of Cessalto, not far from Venice.
The land around Cessalto is famous for its fertility since the Roman age. It has an important artistic heritage like the sumptuous Venetian Villas and stunning rural landscapes.
Appellations in the area include Prosecco Treviso DOC, Piave DOC, Venezia DOC, and Delle Venezie DOC.
In the early 1900s, the ancestor Giuseppe Corvezzo worked passionately the land around Cessalto which was owned by the Venetian nobility.
In 1960, his son, Giovanni, founded the first winery in the current location.
In 1970, under Giuseppe and Renzo’s (Giovanni’s grandsons) guidance the winery continued to grow to a cultivated area of 140ha.
In the 90s, the winery kept on the growth path due to Renzo’s knowledge and ability.
Today, Renzo’s sons, Giovanni (also known as the ‘Happy Farmer‘) has the honor of defending the long family tradition and keeping the winery to a high level of quality.
Giovanni started the conversion from conventional to organic vineyard in 2010 so that since 2017, all the 150 hectares (370 acres) of the property’s vineyards have been converted and are now fully certified-organic.
Typical Northern Italy climate. Cold and wet winter, sunny and hot summers. The winery is not far from the sea, and for this reason our vineyard is always dried by the wind; less humidity conditions means less grapes disease.
Mixes of clay, loam, and limestone.
Vineyards and grape varieties:
- Total surface area: 150 ha
|Grape variety||Surface (ha)||Age|
- Date of construction: the winery was founded in 1960, but the new company’s premises has been completed in 2008.
- Type of tanks/vats: stainless steel tanks, cement tanks, barriques, 50 hl oak vats
- Sustainable production: the winery has a phtovoltaic plant that provides all the energy needed for the production.
- Planting density: Glera (3,000 plants/ha), others (4,000 plants/ha)
- Organic: at the moment, 100% of the vineyard is organic, This means that since 2010 Corvezzo’s vineyard is totally free from pesticides, herbicides, or synthetic fertilizers.
- Owner: Giovanni Corvezzo
- Winemaker: Fabio Bigolin and Andrea Toffoli
- Agronomist (specialized in organic farming): Filippo Scortegagna
- Overall production volume: 1,9 million bottles of organic Prosecco; 700k bottles of organic Pinot Grigio; 100k other organic wines.
Browse our views and reviews of Corvezzo wines using the grid below:
Azienda Corvezzo also produces a wide variety of wines:
- Sparkling: Prosecco, Pinot Grigio and Raboso (Frizzante, Spumante, Millesimato)
- Whites: Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Manzoni Bianco
- Reds: Pinot Nero, Cabernet Sauvignon & Franc, Merlot, Malbec, Manzoni Rosso, Refosco dal Pedoncolo Rosso
- Special wines: ‘Passa’ (made from late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc grapes) and a traditional method rosé (pictured above resting on lees), and a red “Riserva” (merlot, cabernet sauvignon and dried grapes of Raboso)
Find more information about Corvezzo on their website Corvezzo.it
or on their website dedicated to organic Prosecco theorganicprosecco.com
Find Corvezzo on Social Media
Follow the winery on their social media channels below:
Find their wines to buy online on Wine-Searcher.
This guest post was written by Corvezzo Wines exclusively for Social Vignerons.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.